Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Outpatient - Per Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Outpatient – Per Diem
Cal Rehab Outpatient Therapy specializes in providing care to patients with neurologic injuries or disorders (CVA, BI, SCI, PD, etc.) in addition to many other conditions. We focus on coordinated, multidisciplinary care as our team provides PT, OT, and SLP services and has a strong emphasis on the smooth transition through the continuum of care. We are looking for an SLP who will contribute to our development and growth as a clinic, is committed to high quality patient care, and values teamwork and communication, and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- SLPs with adult neuro experience are preferred, but others may be considered. Specializations are preferred but not required. Must be able to treat all areas of adult SLP practice including, but not limited to, cognitive, speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Clinic hours range within 8 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday. Patient care is primarily 1:1. This is subject to change depending on patient care and market needs.
- Unable to accommodate CFY applicants at this time.
Benefits of being an SLP with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will be part of a proactive, multidisciplinary team. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, sensitivity to diverse populations and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment. Requires critical thinking, complex problem solving, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Primary goal to establish a smooth transition between the IP and OP settings and focus on optimizing the continuum of care.
- Evaluating patient's abilities and designing appropriate intervention plans to address swallowing, speech, language, and cognitive disorders.
- Treating patients with therapeutic procedures, modalities and or equipment to improve speech/swallow/cognitive function.
- Managing work processes efficiently, by completing tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Consistent completion of post-intervention activities including documentation, communication, charge capture.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Certified BLS/CPR certification required within 90 days.
- Therapists with an adult neuro background preferred
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their individual medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process-to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.