Unified Communications Engineer
Unified Communications Engineer
(Hybrid - some on-site)
***Employer will NOT sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes. For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented, Unified Communications Engineer to design, engineer, implement and manage solutions in support of our unified communications infrastructure in Select Medical’s hospitals, clinics, and administrative locations across the country with a focus on unified communications technologies. The unified communications group assists in the design and support of the unified communication solutions deployed to those locations.
Unified Communications Engineers are responsible for the 24 x 7 support of Select’s unified communications systems and for leading problem resolution across multiple diverse, interlocking and interdependent technologies. Unified Communications systems include such things as phone systems, call centers, CCaaS, and other technologies tied directly or supported by those services. Support includes investigating problems, determining the cause across multiple, interdependent technologies and implementing resolutions to those issues. Unified Communications Engineers must understand and have experience with multiple technologies including CCaaS, on premise call centers, telecom carriers and services, wireless networks, and general data network communications; be able to lead and coordinate multiple internal groups and external vendors; and be able to resolve most problems with little direct supervision.
Unified Communications Engineers will be called upon to lead medium to large size or complex projects or to work as the communications infrastructure representative for other IT projects. Unified Communications Engineers must be able to create new designs and configurations in response to new projects and to implement and troubleshoot new technologies.
• Be able to diagnose, investigate and troubleshoot problems reported to the unified communications or telecom teams.
• Lead the investigation into the actual or root cause of problems which may involve the interaction of technologies across multiple platforms or disciplines or may involve workflow within the business units.
• Lead other IT groups and direct vendors or carriers in resolving problems and communicate status about problems and their resolution to other IT and Operations teams.
• Provide ideas and proposals for solutions along with costs and implementation plans.
• Manage and support medium to large sized projects as required including hospital or other company acquisitions, divestitures and relocations. Projects may be large either in the number of sites affected, criticality to the corporation or complexity of their design.
• Respond in a timely manner to assigned items including Incidents, Tasks, and Problems that have been escalated to the Unified Communications team.
• Maintain records and documentation related to unified communications systems including hardware and software, data cabling, equipment location, and software revisions.
• Lead the Unified Communications team in Disaster Recovery Test exercises as requested and be responsible for designated systems. Create, maintain, and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur.
Occasional off-hour and weekend work may be required.
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience.
- 4 or more years IS or telecom experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of enterprise phone systems, in a large multi-site environment including call flow routing, VDN/Vector programming on incoming call routing, short codes, and hunt groups.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with call center technologies including both on premise and cloud.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with unified communication as a service technologies
- Experience with NICE InContact and AWS Connect is a plus
- Experience with networking technologies is a plus.
- Avaya IP Office experience is a plus.
- Must have strong professional, interpersonal, and communication skills to interact courteously with staff and management of all levels, either face-to-face, on the phone or via email providing updates on outages, upgrades, projects or situations that may cause downtime or impact patient care.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills required.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills, work independently, and have a sense of urgency prioritizing resolution of issues that affect business workflow and patient care.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills a must.
- Strong dedication to quality customer service.
- Requires ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Must possess excellent time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Prior healthcare environment experience is preferred.
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Flexible Hybrid work available
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.