Nursing Assistant (NA) / $3,000 Sign On Bonus
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Nursing Assistant (NA)
Advance your career:
Pursue an associate degree in nursing (RN) at an accredited institution with full tuition coverage by Select Medical.
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Pay: $16.50 - $21 per hour
Competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As a Nursing Assistant (NA), you will be working alongside highly skilled clinicians and some of the best critical care nurses in the country. You will work under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse and perform routine tasks in patient care, bedside nursing, and documentation of care provided.
- Performing services for the patient involving bathing using basin-less bath products, oral hygiene, oral feeding and care of hair.
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Participating in hourly rounds.
- Transporting patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assisting transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment such as bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs.
- Keeping the patient’s rooms in clean and orderly condition, including making beds.
- Maintaining unit stock levels of supplies and equipment as directed.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- High school diploma/equivalent or relevant work experience (3+ years)
- BLS required within 90 days of hire.
- Requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant, certification as a nursing assistant, or experience in a related field such as a medical assistant or as an actively enrolled nursing student.
Nursing students may be considered as nurse assistants if approved by the State Practice Act.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.