Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services, including pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical processes.
- Ensures laboratory practice and documentation meets the requirements set forth by CMS, COLA and State regulatory agencies.
- Provides day to day supervision of testing personnel.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Provides orientation, training and verifies competencies for all testing personnel.
- Evaluates and documents the performance of all individuals responsible for testing upon hire, within six months, at twelve months and then annually thereafter.
- Enrolls the laboratory in an approved Proficiency Testing program commensurate with services offered.
- Participates in testing and maintains acceptable results within procedural guidelines.
- Establishes a Quality Control Program appropriate for the testing performed, and establishes the acceptable levels of analytic performance, participates in testing, and ensures these levels are maintained throughout the testing process.
- Performs and verifies test procedures and establishes the laboratory performance criteria, including accuracy and precision of each test and test system.
- Follows laboratory requirements for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls, and proficiency testing with documentation.
- Checks and records Laboratory temperature daily with corrective action plan when temperature deviates from the norm.
- Maintains close communication with the lab director and meets on a routine basis for review of lab practices and results.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
If functioning as the technical consultant in addition to the Lab Manager, Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current ASCP in state of practice, AND
- Licensed MD/DO/DPM and (Certified in anatomic or clinical pathology OR possess 1 year lab training or experience)
- OR possess a Doctoral or Master's Degree in Lab Science AND 1 year lab training or experience
- OR possess a Bachelor's degree in Lab Science AND 2 years lab training or experience
If functioning as the Lab Manager only, Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current professional license in state of practice, AND
- Bachelors Degree in Lab Science AND 2 years lab training or experience, OR
- Bachelors Degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiovascular Technology and 1 year training or experience, OR
- Associate Degree related to pulmonary function and 2 years training or experience
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.