Technical Project Manager - IT Shared Services
Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master – IT Shared Services
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 49,000 employees operates or supports more than 102 hospitals specializing in long-term acute care, 29 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,200 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy. In addition, Select Medical offers contract therapy services at nearly 500 locations. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com
The Technical Project Manager provides the strategic management for a variety of projects from inception through execution and final closure. The projects will include new initiatives, enhancement to existing solutions, and ongoing maintenance. The Technical Project Manager provides daily planning, direction, strategy, execution and management of resources and scope to meet corporate goals through clear communication, effective planning and sound staff management. The Technical Project Manager will work with IS Vice Presidents and Directors to define, scope and manage the implementation of initiatives in alignment with Select Medical methodologies. This position will be focused on Select Medical’s IT Shared Services initiatives supporting several areas including but not limited to Infrastructure, Data Center, Disaster Recovery (DR)/Resiliency, Cloud, Systems/Storage and DevOps.
- Supports overarching department strategy and provides necessary oversight through portfolio and program management, including the creation and tracking of strategic roadmaps and corresponding project coordination
- Ensures the projects and programs under the department’s portfolio adhere to Select’s Project Management best practices, standards, and tooling
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Lead Scrum teams of business analysts, developers, deployment specialists, and testers to plan deliverables for each development sprint
- Work with Business Analysts to update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog items
- Support Deliverables to include Release Burn Down Charts, Sprint Burn Down Charts and Defect/Bug Log
- Drive continuous improvement and track action items from sprint retrospectives
- Provide and facilitate technical leadership as needed in completion of integration activities
- Responsible for enacting, teaching, and promoting Scrum values and practices
- Ensures Scrum practices and rhythm are maintained
- Removes impediments for team members
- Coaches the team to their best possible performance with a focus on continuous improvement - how to do things better, faster, cheaper while delivering quality software
- Helps improve team productivity / velocity
- Enable close cooperation across all roles, functions and departments
- Shield the team from external interference
- Leads daily Scrum meeting – 15-minute stand up meeting
- Leads sprint planning session at the start of the sprint
- Leads sprint retrospective discussion at the end of each sprint, captures comments and team action items as part of continuous improvement
- Leads story pointing sessions to estimate stories in the product backlog to allow team input into the task estimates
- Works with Business Analyst and product owner to groom the product backlog so user stories contain correct details and are ready for story pointing (estimating)
- Leads sprint review to demo working software to the product owner
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) to increase deliverable quality
- Participate in the mentoring of junior Project Management staff, intra-organizational knowledge sharing, frequent performance feedback and general job coaching when appropriate
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated project and organizational leadership including initiative identification, ownership and implementation responsibilities
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with a professional working environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Willingness to periodically travel
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications
- Knowledge of browser-based technology
- Understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban software tools such as Jira or Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban) – 3-5 years
- Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Master on a large ( >10 FTEs) distributed team – 3-5 years
- Prior experience as technical lead or Technical Project Manager – 5 years
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems in the area of Database design, data warehouse, development – 7 years
- Very strong facilitation and planning skills – 5 years
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills – 5 years
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Why work for Select?
We are committed to your growth and success!
-Career Advancement opportunities
-Competitive pay, benefits, and PTO
-Eligible for referral bonuses
-Thorough orientation program
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.