Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)
Per Diem position available for a Certified Athletic Trainer
for New Holland, PA
NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking Certified Athletic Trainer for per diem position. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that wants to be a part of a team that delivers a positive experience to our patients Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Injury & Illness prevention and wellness promotion; Examination, assessment and diagnosis; immediate and emergency care; therapeutic intervention; health care administration and professional responsibilities; shared responsibilities include budgeting, professional development, working knowledge medical documentation in an EMR system
Locations: Savencia Cheese in New Holland, PA and JFM Meats in Womelsdorf, PA
Hours Needed: 4 hours per week total at both locations
Main responsibiliy: Provide onsite prevention services via our WorkStrategies program for employees
Position includes our Continuing Education program with over 100 NATA accredited courses free to you!
NovaCare is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
About Work Strategies: The WorkStrategies prevention and onsite programs are designed to provide employers with the following benefits: a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach that is customized to the employer's specific needs and goals; proactive injury prevention and management; identification of high-risk activities; education of management and employees; a constant focus on ongoing communication and successful case resolution; testing of physical capacities of essential functions and progressive management of musculoskeletal injuries. The goal of the WorkStrategies services is to reduce injuries, claims and costs for the employer with the end result being increase performance, productivity and profits.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.