Certified Athletic Trainer
On-Site Athletic Trainer for the Industrial Setting in Irvine, CA!
Part Time Opportunity for a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
Our Athletic Training department is now hiring a Part Time On-Site Athletic Trainer (ATC) for Employees at our partnership with an Industrial setting in Irvine, CA! Candidate will be responsible for Onsite Injury Prevention, Ergonomic Assessments, Program Implementation, First Aid and Early Symptom Intervention (ESI) within a manufacturing and office setting. New grads welcome to apply!
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing injury prevention programming including: functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, and educational presentations under the direction of the Program Medical Director.
- As a team member, do you often find yourself in the position of guiding the decisions about what the team should do?
- Can you inspire and motivate others to achieve challenging goals and exceed expectations?
- Are you at your best when you are empowered to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your work day?
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients/customers above all else?
- Do you enjoy it when people depend on you for help?
- Can you communicate effectively with anyone at any time, no matter how busy you are?
If you answered yes to these questions, being an On-Site Athletic Trainer for Select Physical Therapy may be a great fit for you!
Hours Needed: 20-24 Hrs/wk with two schedule options - 2-10Hr Shifts OR 3-8Hr Shifts.
Schedule is set days and no weekends
NATA BOC Certified
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Compensation: Starting at $30.00 per hour
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy are a part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing injury prevention programming including: educational presentations, functional assessments, conditioning and corrective exercise programs. Also provide individual consultation and support of the employee health and wellness program.
- Perform ergonomic assessments in manufacturing, warehouse, and office settings
- Provide early symptom intervention (ESI) via first-aid care in accordance with OSHA guidelines and standards, job coaching, and educating employees on self-stretches and exercises
- Schedule and follow-up with employees needing ESI care
- Evaluate, design, and recommend a plan of care for work-related injuries
- Design and implement self-stretches, self-exercises, and warm-up routines for employees according to their work stations and job tasks
- Attend injury prevention and safety meetings and briefings
- Maintain records of all interactions with employees using Sportsware and other data tracking systems
- A minimum of BS in Athletic Training, (NATABOC certified in good standing), a BS in Exercise Physiology (Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologists –ACSM in good standing), or others with a similar, relevant Kinesiology degree from an accredited university.
- All candidates must be CPR/AED certified
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills with MS Office applications a must
- Self-motivated and ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships with client and employees
- Previous experience with ergonomic assessments and/or biomechanical analysis a plus!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.