Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Allendale, MI
NovaCare is looking for a Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer to cover Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI!
Loan Repayment Assistance and $1500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
This ATC will work directly with the university and the local clinic. Applicants must be solid clinicians, communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment.
Great support services in place!
Work Schedule: Varies - primarily afternoons, evenings, weekends
Salary: commensurate with experience, starting at $42,000
• UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
• Company matching 401(k)
• Affordable PPO Benefits
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Competitive salary, BONUSES and more!
NovaCare Rehabilitation is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Coordinates medical coverage of universities athletic events and practices
- Coordinates access of healthcare for athletes
- Designs/implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Work with other ATC's, coaches, and AD
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury.
- Athletic training techniques can include: taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration and minor wound care.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes.
- Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required (MI)
- Expereince in collegiate setting
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.