Senior Business Analyst - Hospital Applications
Senior Business Analyst
(Hospital Applications team)
***Employer will NOT sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for implementing and supporting vendor solutions in support of the inpatient critical illness and rehabilitation hospitals. The role requires an understanding of business processes and goals, and the ability to translate business requirements to solutions for a rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented individual that enjoys collaborating with other team members, possesses excellent communication and documentation skills, is highly organized and skilled in the use of Agile methodologies.
This position must coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks. This position primarily works independently and routinely interacts with more senior business contacts. Often, the Senior Business Analyst will be assigned to larger and more complex projects and are subject matter experts for their assigned systems.
- Completion of assigned tasks to implement application software and maintain existing applications
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements for the implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions
- Work with other business analysts and product owners to groom the product backlog, ensuring that requirements contain correct details and are ready for estimation; present new Product Backlog Items to the team for estimation
- Test application functionality with the ability to develop and complete test cases; coordinate and complete testing of releases within defined deadlines
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for system processes and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service to support production applications
- Coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks; become a mentor to other business specialists and analysts
- Manage, review, and prioritize project work in coordination with Project Manager/Scrum Master to assure alignment on schedule, resources and deliverables
- Adopt Scrum practices and drive continuous process improvement
- BS or BA in information systems, business administration or related field or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis and ensuring successful integration and/or implementation of applications
- Experience in definition and documentation of requirements for system processes and procedures
- Able to independently manage and prioritize workload and expectations
- Superior ability to collaborate with team and business operators
- Experience facilitating and managing large scale implementations
- Experience with vendor analysis for software solutions, including writing executive summaries and calculating ROI
- Great customer service skills and the energy to provide direction to those among your team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to overcome initial barriers
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate new application concepts to other IT members
- Superior teamwork, time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in standard methodologies for the completion of tasks within an Agile environment
- Independently seek opportunities to lead or take on more responsibility
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and ServiceNow
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.