WorkStrategies (Industrial) Coordinator- Licensed Physical Therapist (Industrial PT)
Full time position for a Work Strategies Coordinator covering Southern Maryland and Washington DC
Licensed Physical or Occupational Therapist
NovaCare Rehabilitation is the nation's leader in outpatient orthopedics with a presence in 39 states. Our WorkStrategies division focuses on preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being with employers of various industries. This unique opportunity will focus on Southern Maryland and Washington DC. This can be staff or leadership for the right clinician. We can only consider a licensed Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist with previous industrial experience. At minimum solid outpatient orthopedic experience working with the industrial population.This is non-negotiable.
We have multiple on-site contracts allowing us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. This is a split (50/50) position between managerial and business development responsibilities with our onsite programs and clinical staff and treating a caseload in one of our clinics. The ideal individual will be able to treat, perform functional capacity evaluations (FCE), post offer employment testing (POETs) in the clinic as well as have an understanding of onsite job analysis and ergonomic assessments. This individual will work closely with our regional director of WorkStrategies to continue our growth in your community. You must have at least three years of experience working within the industrial setting, CEAs, ergonomics or other related certifications are a PLUS. We are open to consider staff therapists up to regional manager, but this is NOT ideal for a new graduate.
If you are looking for a position that combines clinical, management and marketing this is it! We are looking for a dynamic clinician ready to represent NovaCare as a leader in onsite injury prevention and education across a multitude of industries including, but not limited to; manufacturing, distribution, distillery, food, agriculture, transportation and more. We have established onsite contracts at present, looking for someone who has a passion for the industrial setting, looking for growth and leadership with the county's top employer in outpatient rehabilitation.
- Oversight of current on-site contracted services
- Oversight and growth of relationships with clients
- Staff development- training, mentoring, management and selection
- Administration- reporting ROI, review of services, scheduling
- Site visits- developing new services, staff supervision, relationship building
- On-site service delivery for industrial clients (50%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly scheduled meetings/calls with Regional Manager of Work Strategies and Regional Coordinator of Sports Medicine
- Weekly schedule and activity report
- Monthly reporting to Vice President(s) of operations
- Involvement with our Sport Medicine Leadership team monthly
- The ideal candidate will have a professional degree in a related area and one year of experience working in the industrial environment as well as managing a team.
- Required degree and active license as a Physical or Occupational Therapist (including licensed assistants PTA and COTAs)
- CPR & First Aid
- Understanding/background in ergonomics such as CEAS.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Our ideal team member is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric: the patient always comes first and we treat every patient with care
- An exceptional communicator: someone who communicates proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
So we want to know…
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients above all else?
- Are you one of the most positive people you know?
- Are you at your best when you get to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your day?
- Do you hate the phrase, “that’s not my job!”?
If you answered yes to these questions, being a Physical Therapist at Select Medical may be a great fit for you!
One of the many unique benefits that our employees at Select Medical can take advantage of is our industry-leading continuing education opportunities! This includes the opportunity to join Select Physical Therapy’s nationally acclaimed and APTA accredited Orthopedic Residency Program, weekend classes and online education, and formal weekly mentoring program available for new grads. Residency and Fellowship programs.
Who is Select Medical?
We are the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Select Medical was founded on five Core Values which guide our interactions with patients, families, partners and each other.
We deliver superior quality in all that we do.
We set high standards of performance for ourselves and for others. We provide superior services to our patients. We continually strive to uphold and improve our reputation for excellence.
We treat others as they would like to be treated.
We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications.
We are results-oriented and achieve our objectives.
We are focused and decisive in achieving our objectives and helping others achieve theirs. We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We are accountable for using our time, talents and resources effectively.
We are team players.
We work together to achieve company objectives. We do our share of the work on time and with superior quality. We share ideas and information. We give honest feedback and accept constructive criticism. We confront difficulties
directly and maintain positive working relationships.
We are resourceful in overcoming obstacles.
We pride ourselves on finding creative solutions to meet challenges we encounter. We are open to change and handle pressure with poise. We are flexible, adaptable and able to learn from our experiences.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at www.selectmedical.com/careers/
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- Degree in business or industrial or rehab related disciplines OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years sales experience required.
- Minimum three to five years industrial healthcare experience required.
- Currently licensed as PT, OT, PTA, COTA,
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapist Assistant program
- Minimum three years experience in industrial/work comp rehabilitation.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of lifting up to fifty (50) pounds of weight
- Ability to stand and reach constantly
- Ability to walk frequently and bend occasionally during a work day/shift Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility with horizontal forces up to 50 lbs
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, operating equipment and handling supplies for treatment
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.