Pharmacist - Inpatient Rehab - Full Time
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Clinical Pharmacist – Full Time
Benefits of being a Pharmacist with us:
- Working with a collaborative clinical team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Work-life balance
- Ability to grow and learn
- Opportunity to gain hospital pharmacy experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with match
- Short and long term disability
- Tuition assistance
- A network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Pharmacist will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of pharmaceutical services provided by the hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations, and IV admixture.
- Performs all dispensing related functions. Entering medication orders into the computer generated patient profile, preparing, labeling, and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor's prescriptions, compounding oral and injectable pharmaceutical preparations using proper aseptic technique, and filling and checking medication cassettes to insure accuracy prior to delivery to the patient care unit. Prepares weekend and day pass medications for patients on leave from the hospital.
- Contacts and confers with physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders. Documents all recommendations and corrective actions taken in a clinical intervention report.
- Performs antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing pertinent culture and sensitivity information as well as laboratory data and makes therapeutic recommendations based upon these findings.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but are not limited to: attending Team Conferences, participating in patient related rounds, conducting medication management teaching, mentoring pharmacy students during their rotations, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and family members on discharge medications.
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relate to assigned functions. Serves as a resource to other departments for information needed. Participates in and contributes to outside professional activities or other projects.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effects and incompatibilities of currently available drugs. Maintains drug literature source to be at disposal of medical and other professional staff.
- Current CA state licensure as a Pharmacist required
- Graduate of an accredited doctor of pharmacy program (PharmD)
- Minimum two years inpatient hospital experience required
- Completion of an Inpatient Residency (PGY1 or PGY2) or advanced degree (such as MS, MPH, or related degree) required
- Published research preferred
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their individual medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.