Employee Safety and Claim Coordinator
Select Medical is seeking an Employee Safety and Claim Coordinator to join our team of Human Resources Professionals at our corporate office in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Claim coordinator and reserve monitoring: continually monitor and review reserves on all workers’ compensation and work-related injury claims filed, manage and monitor claim activity to mitigate liability on future medical and indemnity costs, communicate regularly with adjusters on claim action plans and requests for surveillance.
- Proactively assist the Manager with day to day claims administration.
- Partner with insurance carriers and brokers to create strategies to improve department operations and enhance the employee experience.
- Partner with all carriers, internal and external organizations regarding audits.
- Work closely with the partners, payroll and the payroll tax department to compile and submit timely and accurate data and materials in preparation for each workers’ compensation carrier’s annual renewal.
- Participate in monthly HRC calls by sharing information and fielding questions.
- Identify areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new protocols need to be developed, so as to maximize the efficient administration of the employee safety and workers’ compensation function.
- Work with field leadership to develop tools and metrics to provide actionable data trending and monitoring for facilities.
- Partner with other departments to build a collaborative analytical approach to reducing injuries, costs, and liability.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporation and the Select Medical Way.
- Review, respond and work closely with HR colleagues on employee incident root causes analysis.
- Work with Department Leadership on the completion and updating of an Employee Safety and Workers’ Compensation financial report card.
- Partner with our agent on the review and updating of all current job titles and assigned NCCI codes per state and type of division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related fields
- Claims Management and reserving experience with a detailed knowledge of workers’ compensation and commercial insurance policies
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Oracle HRMS, or a related software package, is highly desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation and Human Resources.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.