Work Strategies Specialist
Select Physical Therapy is looking for a Work Strategies Specialist to join our team in Saco, ME!
Certified Athletic Trainer or Exercise Physioligist preferred
General Role: coordinates medical coverage of Onsite injury prevention with large employer, experience preferred and designs/implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of injured employees. May be responsible for administering POETS in the clinic setting and/or at a job specific location.
Hourly Rate: $30-35/hr
Select Physical Therapy is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Provide triage, first-aid, education and/or escalation of care if needed
- Facilitate on-going communication with all parties involved in managing an injury case
- Support the injured employee, monitor medical care, promote efficient reporting, and participate in accident investigation
- Assist in finding temporarily modified work in compliance with physical restrictions
- Help employees prevent repetitive, cumulative and overuse type musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses
- Conduct ergonomic analyses in order to provide recommendations on vehicle set up, work posture, tool use, and workstation modifications
- Provide on-the-job education and coaching to help workers achieve and maintain physical resilience through optimizing body mechanics and postural habits
- Assist employees in achieving sustained lifestyle improvements in areas such as nutritional health, physical fitness, and stress management
- Address and mitigate risks related to workers’ total health, therefore reducing the risk of job-related injuries and illnesses
- Develop job-specific agility routines and programs to be implemented in a preventative method a.k.a. Work Hardening.
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education, ergonomic recommendations, and first-aid
- Proactively engage with employees at their work location
- Maintain records of triage, ergonomic assessment, first-aid care, and education provided
- Gain full understanding of the site operations, workflow, processes, and employees in order to make recommendations for preventing musculoskeletal injuries from occurring
- Leverage technology available to support total worker health
- May be asked to take on additional time to support emergency response to natural disasters in your region
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job ID: 203931
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.