Certified Nursing Assistant -PRN Nights - Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation - Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
Neuro Rehabilitation Coach (CNA, PCT, Therapy Aide, Caregiver)
PRN "as needed" (6:45 pm -7:15 am)
The Neuro Rehab Coach functions under the direction of rehabilitation therapists and nurses to help individuals with a brain injury or spinal cord injury, regain their independence and return home.
In this position you will be part of the therapy and nursing team and you will have a key role in helping patients re-learn to walk, talk, dress, cook, and manage their own medical needs. You will not do it for them.
In this role you will have the flexibility to schedule the days you want to work and there are opportunities for career progression.
Our beautiful 9 suite inpatient – post hospital facility is located next to our Downtown Dallas Rehabilitation hospital on the BUMC campus. An ideal candidate has a passion for serving and helping others, previous experience in the healthcare field as a technician or direct care provider or in school pursuing a degree in related field
Virtual Tour of the Facility!
On a daily baisis:
- Help patients with day to day living activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, cooking, washing clothes, make their bed, loading the dishwasher, cleaning their suite, etc.
- Driving patients into the community for medical appointments, community activities
- Assisting the rehabilitation therapists with patient activities
- Assisting patients with nurse delegated tasks after completing the training we provide to ensure your competency. These tasks may include taking vital signs, medication administration, and peg tube feedings
- Additional duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current State Driver’s License in good standing required
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires
- Previous Neuro Transitional Rebab experience preferred
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medication aide preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.