The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of learning solutions by applying creative approaches and instructional methodologies for content design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The Instructional Designer is part of the Shared Services Education and Development Team and partners with the division education leaders to provide learning technology solutions that impact quality metrics.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating and developing educational solutions to improve the capability of individuals, teams, and the organization. This position assists with the design and development of instructor-led and e-learning training. It also assists with providing centralized educational support and services to educators across divisions and at the corporate location.
The developer is expected to work effectively with all employees, i.e. management and frontline staff, to promote effective learning opportunities that support the achievement of organizational goals and to foster a work environment that demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity, equity and inclusion. The position should influence positive behavior in others by serving as a role model in critical areas of human interaction, teamwork and leadership.
- Interface with learning leadership, project managers, and SMEs to ensure content meets business needs
- Conduct training needs assessments to assess developmental needs necessary to drive training initiatives and to close identified skill gaps
- Create learning content design via storyboards and outlines for eLearning and job aid development
- Design participant and instructor guides
- Design learning assessments and evaluations
- Design learning aids, including handouts, workbooks, manuals, attachments, and webpages
- Participate in the measurement and evaluation of training program effectiveness
- Design, develop, deliver and implement e-learning courses to achieve outcomes using the most efficient and effective delivery methods for learning
- Provide multimedia, light video development, and web-based program design
- Optimize use of existing content delivery
- Use company-based Learning Management System to build, develop, and maintain educational initiatives for workforce members
- Liaise with internal customers to assess needs, identify needs, and evaluate outcomes
- Create and manages e-learning related documentation
- Conduct training development using eLearning authoring tools, and other multimedia tools as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology and Learning Technology, or other related field from an accredited college/university
- Certificates in instructional design
- Customarily has at least three or more years in corporate or higher education instructional design and training experience
- Prior experience with learning management systems and various learning delivery modalities, such as self-paced learning, mobile learning, instructor-led learning, asynchronous and synchronous e-learning, and blended learning
- Prior experience in E-learning design and course building
- Working knowledge of graphical layout and design work with attention to detail on visually appealing train resources.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.