Registered Dietitian (RD) - PRN - Baylor Rehab - Fort Worth
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Fort Worth, TX
PRN "As Needed"
We currently have an opening for a PRN Registered Dietitian of Food & Nutrition at our Baylor Rehabilitation Hospital in Fort Worth!
This is a great opportunity for experienced and new grad candidates with flexibility to pick up shifts "as needed" basis!
Provides quality nutritional care to patients such as the development, implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapy. Works collaboratively with medical staff, clinical staff, patients, families and food service staff to ensure implement nutrition care plans and maintain departmental standards. Provides nutrition education to patients, families and food service staff. Serves as a nutrition resource to the mult-disciplinary team.
1. Perform nutrition assessments and re-assessments, identifies nutrition goals and interventions, monitors and evaluates patient progress. Provides clear and concise medical record documentation.
2. Develop and monitor enteral and/or parenteral nutrition support regimens in conjunction with pharmacy and the medical staff.
3. Collaborates with Speech Therapy regarding diet progression and transitional feeding to meet nutritional needs
4. Clarify admission orders to ensure nutrition support, diet and oral supplement orders are consistent with the facility’s established nutrition support formulary and diet manual.
5. Serve as a resource to food service staff to assure the patient care plan is implemented. Advises food production staff regarding any special preparation techniques to be used for modified diets.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with major studies in food and nutrition
- Current and valid registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Current state Dietitian licensure/certification, if required by state
- One (1) year of work experience in a facility setting with clinical responsibilities or equivalent.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.