Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
The Rehab Therapy Aide assists directly and indirectly with the delivery of Rehab Therapy Services under the direct (onsite) supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. This position does provide direct patient care to adult and geriatric patients.
· Observes outlined precautions as established by nursing and/or Rehab Therapies when providing patient care.
· Supervises patients while receiving superficial physical agents (HP, CP, paraffin) and removes the agent immediately if any unexpected reaction to the agent and reports to supervising therapist/assistant.
· Performs routine and repetitive exercises such as mat, ROM/PRE, and pulley programs with the assigned patients.
· Ambulates (or assists in ambulating) patients to building endurance/skills as directed by their physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
· Prepares patients and equipment for hydrotherapy treatment sessions. Supervises the patient as directed by the therapist or therapist assistant during treatment. Cleans the hydrotherapy tank following treatment.
· Transfers patients safely. Transports patients safely to/from therapy department.
· Checks splints for signs of intolerance and reports any noted problems to supervising therapist immediately.
· Maintains safe, orderly, clean, and adequately stocked therapy department.
· Maintains inventory and operating conditions of all wheelchairs and therapy equipment (such as weights, sliding boards, etc.)
· Maintains temperature within manufacturer recommended range on hydrocollator and cleans hydrocollator according to schedule.
|• Must be able to function independently, be flexible, process personal integrity and be able to work effectively with patients, families, personnel and outside agencies.|
|• Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people with the hospital.|
|• Must be willing to assist in carrying out the objectives of the hospital.|
|• BLS required|
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.