Occupational Therapist - Acute - Full Time - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehab
at Baylor University Medical Center
Occupational Therapist - Full Time - Acute
Wednesday - Sunday
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC) is a distinguished teaching hospital located near downtown Dallas and is continually recognized as a top hospital in the nation. BUMC provides multiple clinical specialties, including Level 1 trauma services, transplantation, Level III NICU, left-ventricular assist (LVAD) implantation, Stroke Center and a dedicated cancer hospital. Therapists have the opportunity to rotate positions between teams, providing the opportunity to expand their treatment skills across a variety of diagnoses and to develop clinical specializations. At Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) at BUMC, we love acute care and all the inherent complexities and fast pace. This is where the patient's journey starts, whether a trauma, myocardial infarction or stroke, organ transplant or an intensive care stay. Working in this challenging environment takes a robust professional support and development system, and we have worked hard to create just that. From the New Graduate Program to Advanced Practice Mentoring, Board Certification, or preparing you as a clinical instructor, we have the programs to support your success.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate the patient's level of functioning and develop an individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.