Occupational Therapist/Hand Therapy
Certified hand therapists (CHT) and occupational therapist aspiring to become a CHT- we could use you in Souderton, PA!
NovaCare Rehabilitation in Souderton is seeking a PRN occupational hand therapist for our outpatient orthopedic location center. A certified hand therapist (CHT) is HIGHLY preferred, but we are willing to consider occupational therapists (OT)with hand therapy experience. This would include at least a Level II Fieldwork under a CHT. We CAN mentor an occupational therapist aspiring to be a certified hand therapist. You will be working in the same center with our hand therapist.
We have a network of hand therapists and certified hand therapists in the Bux-Mont area for support and welcome experienced hand therapists and certified hand therapists to join a national leader in hand therapy.
We are looking for a dynamic individual ready to grow and continue developing our hand programs in your community.
Unique Location/Job Details: Must have had at least a Level II Fieldwork experience in Hand Therapy. We are looking for a dynamic per diem occupational therapist that has experience with treating a hand/elbow case load and a desire to sit for the CHT exam when qualified. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to evolve into full time permanent at which time you can be eligible to join our successful mentoring program for obtaining your CHT certification. You will be paired with a CHT mentor and will have access to such resources as an UE Journal Club and CHT Study Group. Our hand therapists have free access to the Journals of Hand Therapy and Hand Surgery as well as many others. Select Medical’s Continuing Education Department is second-to-none and hosts an annual UE Symposium in addition to live courses, virtual Master Classes, and recorded instructional videos to suit every learning style. Select Medical’s Hand Therapy team has ASHT Board members and two former ASHT presidents in its ranks and is led by world renowned hand therapist Sue Blackmore. Apply today and learn more about the benefits of joining our team!
- UNMATCHED Continuing Education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, certifications (CHT, COMT, etc) , journal clubs, study groups and more
NovaCare Rehabilitation is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1900 locations in 39 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, and SSM Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED..
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapist have the opportunity to become a mentor.
- Our internal education department offers a : National UE symposium, additional certification course available for UE COMT, National journal club, National CHT study group, National hand therapy mentorship program, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, National bulletin boards and blogs, free journal access.
- These internal CEU accredited courses are FREE and UNLIMITED
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Clinical Case Studies & Newsletters
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities and publications
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing
- Our staff includes national speakers and educators, researchers, therapists published in textbooks and peer reviewed journals, active leaders in national associations.
- We provide services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.