Case Manager (CM) - Registered Nurse (RN) or Social Worker (LCSW) - FT
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Cedars, UCLA and Select Medical*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Case Manager (CM) – Full Time
Registered Nurse (RN) or Social Worker (LCSW)
Benefits of being a Case Manager with us:
- Manageable case loads
- Impact on patient's recovery process and quality of life
- High success rate of patients being discharged home
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with company match
- Short and long term disability
- Tuition Assistance
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Clinical Interventions/Discharge and Care Planning Management: Responsible for functioning as the liaison among all parties involved with the patient both within the hospital and in the community as it relates to the development and implementation of a safe and appropriate discharge plan. The Case Manager participates as part of the interdisciplinary team developing, implementing, reviewing and revising the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Fiscal Management: Assures responsiveness to payer systems by maintaining ongoing communication and serving as the primary contact for all external payer sources, in turn generating revenue, enhancing reimbursement, minimizing financial risk and assuring payment for the hospital. Maintains a thorough understanding of insurance coverage and benefits, providing interpretation to patients/families of their insurance and providing patient advocacy as needed.
- Payer/Referral Management: Identifies and fulfills the requirements and needs of payer and referral sources, overseeing negotiations of continued stay rationale, length of stays, and appeals process. Initiates activities to develop positive business relationships with payers and referral sources in order to promote repeat business and represent the hospital as a quality institution.
- Carries a patient caseload.
- Coordinates with other departments, i.e.: Pre-Admissions, Admissions, Patient Accounts, Utilization Review, PPS Coordinator, etc., to assure positive fiscal management outcomes for the patient.
- Is responsible for developing and maintaining effective interdisciplinary working relationships with other clinical treatment team members, i.e.: medical, psychology, nursing, therapy, therapeutic recreation, vocational and dietary, in order to assure clinical outcomes that are appropriate, cost-effective, and beneficial to the patient.
- Current and valid state licensure in Social Work required or Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work preferred; OR BSN in nursing preferred.
- Previous experience in case management or related field required.
- CCM Certification Preferred.
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans based on their individual medical and therapy needs as they recover from:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process-to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.