Physical Therapist Assistant-KORT- Home Health - New Albany, IN
KORT is Kentucky's premier provider of outpatient physical and occupational therapy specializing in orthopedics, sports and industrial medicine. Since 1987, KORT has provided clinical and customer service excellence to patients in our clinics, at employer sites, and with high school, college, and professional sports teams.
In addition, KORT Home Health also contracts their home health services in Kentucky including: post-operative physical therapy; fall prevention; vestibular rehabilitation; wound care; and more.
The Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant provides skilled therapy interventions and treatments to patients in a home setting while acting under the supervision of the Registered Physical Therapist. This care includes providing direct patient care according to the treatment plan established by the registered physical therapist to include, therapeutic exercises, and functional activities in accordance with state practice guidelines. Monitor carefully the patient’s status and progress toward goals as well as compliance with physician’s orders. PTA’s are responsible for educating patients and caregivers while preparing the patient/caregiver for discharge as appropriate.
- This position requires a valid state license or certification as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Must be able to function independently, be flexible, possess personal integrity, and be able to work effectively with patients, personnel, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be willing to assist in carrying out the objectives of the facility.
- Automobile liability insurance and current unrestricted drivers license required.
- This position requires CPR certification or complete training.
KORT in partnership with Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.