Medicare Account Representative
Medicare Account Representative
Professionally and courteously provide a variety of patient and insurance services through mail, telephone, e-mail and personal contact in response to patient account inquiries. This position will maintain a more active role in fixing patient accounts in the billing system and reviewing reports to assist in quality control of patient accounts, specifically patient balances
- Ensure documentation is sent with claims as required.
- Ensure all printed claims are mailed within appropriate time frame per departmental schedule matching same payor claims for bulk mailing.
- Process secondary claims, paper and electronic. Obtain and attach the primary Explanation of Benefits to the printed secondary claims on a weekly basis.
- Transmit electronic claims as available per departmental schedule.
- Review electronic errors and rejection reports and resolve as appropriate.
- Reconcile claims billed utilizing available tools
- Contact clinics as necessary for information required for billing, escalate as needed.
- Maintain and update notes on patients’ accounts as required
- Immediately notify management of payor issues or problems and maintain constant communication until resolved.
- Assist with rebills.
- Communicate delays or problems related to holds or requested information to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that all HIPAA requirements and standards are followed and executed consistently.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporation both within the Central Business Office and throughout the corporation.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Good organizational skills, excellent communication and people skills are required
- Time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- One or two years of related work experience preferred
- Basic to advanced computer skills required
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.