Student Nurse Technician (RN Student) / $500 Sign-On Bonus
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Lake St. Louis, MO
Student Nurse Technician
Sign-on Bonus - $500
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a STUDENT Nurse PRN Rehab Assistant to join our team in Lake St. Louis, MO!
This is the perfect opportunity for a student nurse to gain hands-on experience while in enrolled in an accredited school of nursing!
As the leading provider of comprehensive rehabilitation services in the St. Louis area, SSM Rehabilitation Hospital delivers the specialized care and advanced treatment that enables individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, amputation, joint replacement and other orthopedic trauma, and general medical rehabilitation needs, to rebuild their lives.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of appropriate nursing care as well as carryover of rehabilitation techniques.
- Completes daily assignments as directed by a nurse
- Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations) as directed
- Answers all call lights promptly. Reports problems to a primary nurse/designee
- Reinforces rehabilitation techniques as directed to maximize patient recovery
- Participates in Therapeutic Dysphagia and Feeding Program as assigned. Assists with monitoring of diets, nutritional supplements as well as provides appropriate cues to patients for feeding or swallowing once directed by speech or occupational therapist. Provides water/juice and snacks as appropriate
- Reports problems and progress to the primary nurse throughout the shift. Immediately reports accidents to the nurse. Refers questions and inquires to the nurse for follow-up. Communicates effectively with the rehabilitation team including nursing, therapy, and physicians
- Provides and receives shift to shift report to ensure continuity of patient care
- Observes safety rules, standard precautions and fire regulations. Maintains patient confidentiality, patient rights and privacy
- Interacts with patients, families, peers and supervisors in a calm, positive, courteous and appropriate manner
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers and discharges; safeguards patients' belongings and other items during these procedures. Assists nurse in taking pictures of new admissions for insertion into the medical record. Collects specimens from patients as assigned and transports specimens to the lab if required
• BLS Required.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Hospital experience, certification as a nursing assistant preferred (maybe required based on some state requirements)
OR MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Education: Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing with successful completion of 2 clinical rotations.
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of nursing equipment.
- Possess interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and appropriately to patient families, physicians and other hospital associates.
- CPR required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.