Registered Nurse - Float Pool - $15,000 Sign on Bonus
Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals & Inpatient Rehab Hospitals
Cleveland/Akron Float Pool: 6-week rotations
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus
Pay: Starting at $50 per hour and shift differentials!
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
In this role, the Registered Nurse will travel among five Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals and three Inpatient Rehab Hospitals within the Cleveland/Akron area based on Market Float Assignment and Staffing Guidelines.
- Performs a nursing assessment as part of an on-going systematic assessment of the physical, emotional, social, educational, and functional needs of the patients/families through interview, observation, and physical examination.
- Teaches and counsels patients/families, and makes referrals to appropriate resource personnel when needed based on the health care needs identified.
- Participates as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of goals.
- Reviews lab and test results, notifying physician of abnormal and critical results. Performs wound care, utilizing proper documentation tools. Performs basic ventilator management and trouble-shooting.
- Communicates the plan of nursing care for each patient through shift change, reports, conferences, rounds, and patient care records.
- Demonstrates skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient’s response in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Assures that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately, and integrates the medical care plan into the provision of nursing care.
- Assures that medication/I.V. administration is correct and according to the established nursing policies and procedures. Verbalizes policy and procedure for maintenance and care of central line catheters. Identifies critical drip medications. Regulates drip rates as ordered. Administers I.V. drugs.
- Provides direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of nursing. Actively participates on nursing committees.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RN must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
- 2 years of clinical experience; at least 1 year experience acute care or LTAC.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Thorough orientation experience with multiple hospitals and patient acuities.
- Elevated earning potential stemming from hourly rate, shift differentials, and sign on bonus.
- Expanded clinical exposure with diverse patient populations treated at several hospital locations.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling up to $3,600 per year.
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.