Physical Therapist - Inpatient - Full Time - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehab
Physical Therapist - Full Time - Inpatient
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
**This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
BSWIR has an opening for a Full Time Physical Therapist to work Sunday –Thursday on our float Team. Our float team team treats a variety of diagnosis including but not limited to post operative joint replacements, ortho-trauma, post transplant, cardiac rehab, neuro rehab, LVAD, and more!
TBI Physical Therapist Baylor Scott and White institute for rehab is a nationally recognized program for traumatic brain injury and is part of the NIDDILRR Traumatic Brain Injury Model systems. BSWIR Dallas is also a CARF accredited specialty program for Brain Injury. BSWIR Dallas has cutting edge technology including robotic skeletons, functional electrical stimulation, and virtual reality. We have a spacious 10,000 square foot gym and state of the art aquatics center. BSWIR offers our therapists multiple opportunities for continued education as well as structured mentoring programs. We have a rare opportunity for a therapist to join our program. We are looking for that special therapist with a minimum of 2 years of experience treating this population that includes patients at all levels of traumatic and non traumatic Brain injury. Our program averages approximately 15-18 patients per month. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and rewarding position we would love to talk with you and let you know more about our program.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include the development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to community activities, making recommendations for necessary adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes and ensure effective utilization of services.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.