Occupational Therapist (OT)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Occupational Therapist (OT)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
You will be treating patients with complex needs and challenging diagnoses, and you will have the opportunity to develop specialized skills.
- Participating in discharge planning for each patient, including placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment.
- Supervising Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, as well as supervising OT and COTA students.
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens.
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. Successful employees are passionate about providing a superior quality of care and are inventive problem solvers who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Must hold a valid, current license in the State in which they are practicing.
- BLS required upon hire.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Eligibility to take or has passed the examination for Occupational Therapists administered by the NBCOT.
- Successful completion of the National Registry Examination.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and other occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.