(on-site, Mechanicsburg, PA)
***Employer will NOT sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes. For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
The Network Architect will lead the design & development of public and private network architectures, standards, requirements, policies, procedures, and tooling. The Network Architect will work with Network, Security and Infrastructure Engineering along with the Application teams to continuously improve the resiliency and flexibility of the organization’s networking infrastructure
This hands-on position will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise network architecture and lead the vision and strategy as it pertains to all networking types including traditional route/switch, virtual route/switch in regards to VMware NSX-T, datacenter connectivity, and complex wide area networking including Cisco SD-WAN.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong networking background and have hands-on experience with implementing concepts and technologies such as Nexus-based datacenters, ASR router platforms, MPLS, DMVPN, Cisco SD-WAN and in-depth knowledge and experience with complex BGP and EIGRP configurations within multi-datacenter routing environments as well as basic network security principles.
- Design and develop network architectures for on premise datacenters, cloud (public and private)
- Prepare and deliver training, documentation and network awareness activities to the Network Engineering and Operations teams
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate observed gaps in current connectivity solutions and hardware platforms
- Align to widely accepted networking standards and frameworks with overall business and technology strategy
- Adapt networking architecture elements to adapt to new standards as they emerge
- Identify design gaps in existing and proposed networking architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Possess a firm understanding of the interconnectivity within and to VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms
- Be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with line of business architects, engineers, developers, application owners, service providers, and senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of work experience equals one year of college experience
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility architecting, positioning and delivering complex network engineering and architecture solutions. This includes but is not limited to multi-datacenter interconnectivity, WAN solutions based on carrier MPLS along with Internet-based DMVPN via all manner of Internet connection types
- Familiarity with public and private cloud connectivity technologies.
- Proven experience in design and operation of diverse enterprise networks
- Deep understanding of BGP routing within the context of carrier connectivity as well as internal systems connectivity along with redistribution techniques into and from other routing technologies like EIGRP.
- Experience with large wide area networks of 1000+ sites and migrations to Cisco SD-WAN from traditional connectivity types
- Strong hands-on technical abilities and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of Network design in various environments (LAN, WAN, Datacenter, Cloud)
- Demonstrated ability to assume independent and team-based responsibilities
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and customer service skills a must
- Proven ability to lead and mentor others
- Strong communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- An understanding of firewall concepts (traditional and NextGen) and load balancing concepts a plus
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Flexible Remote work available
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.