Admissions Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture partnership with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
M-F 8am - 4:30pm
As the Admissions Coordinator, you are one of the first faces our patients see when coming to our rehab hospital. The Admissions Coordinator is a key member of our admissions/business development team and keep everything moving smoothly within the department.
Benefits of being an Admissions Coordinator with us:
- The ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- Competitive rates
- Team-oriented culture
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
The Admissions Coordinator facilitates a timely, accurate and otherwise effective referral intake as outlined in the admission workflow process. The Admissions Coordinator provides analytical insight into the admissions data and referral patterns for effective and sustained business development. Coordinates activities with other departments as needed and participates in other related organizational activities.
- Oversees the pull-through process for the hospital under the direction of the Director of Business Development - providing support, customer service and timely resolution of all aspects for admissions and seeking assistnace from the DBD or CEO as needed
- Ensures that all deficiencies remain at 0% to eliminate holds, working with CBO and HIM to ensure any errors are resolved.
- Ensures every referral is timely and accurately entered in Transitions of Care
- Processes timely insurance verifications
- Assists in pre-cert/authorization process – tracks for follow up and timely processing
- Works with DBD, CEO and other leaders to ensure timely admissions from time of referral
- Works with team to resolve occasional challenges and overcome obstacles
- Is admissions focused
- For Case Manager: Provides appropriate documents to Case Management team timely
- Enters patient data in HMS/MedHost when pre-admitting, and enters details of patient’s benefits and billing instructions.
- Completes admissions paperwork and reviews all patient forms/demographics with patient/responsible party. Secures signatures on all necessary documents. Scans completed documents, including insurance cards and photo ID.
- Leads the morning meeting with census, budgeted numbers, etc.
- Communicates admissions time, bed number, physician, etc. to the hospital when there is a confirmed admission.
- Provides tours of hospital.
- Provides customer service by accurately answering questions, for internal and external customers.
- Manages LOA's in HMS/MedHost, ensuring accurate entries for all LOA patients. Completes forms as necessary for corrections.
- Review and enter daily census via Select Portal by 11am EST. Ensure accuracy on a daily basis, as well as initiating any changes/updates that might be necessary.
- Performs Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years experience performing a broad range of duties with an Admissions or Pre-Admissions Department required.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of insurance verification preferred
- Experience working with Excel and databases
- Previous experience within a physical rehabilitation setting preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.