Licensed Counselor- LPC/LCSW - Day Neuro - PRN - Frisco
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Licensed Counselor PRN LPC/LCSW
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm (As Needed)
The Department of Psychology at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation at Frisco has an immediate opening for a PRN Licensed Counselor to join our growing Day Neuro Program. We are looking for a Counselor with experience working in medical settings to provide individual and family counseling for patients enrolled in this comprehensive neurorehabilitation program.
Patient populations include a diverse mix of patients with acquired brain injury (CVA, TBI, non-traumatic brain injuries, etc.) that are preparing to return to work, school, driving, and other aspects of independence.
1. Complete intake assessments for patients admitting to the program.
2. Assist in the orientation of new patients/families to program goals and expectations.
3. Provide counseling services to patients and families adapting to ongoing physical, cognitive, and other functional limitations after acquired brain injury.
4. Run educational and process-oriented groups as directed by department staff.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. Master's degree appropriate to position.
2. Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Flexibility and ability to integrate into an interdisciplinary team environment.
5. Certified BLS completion required; for new hires
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 100 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.