Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Rehab
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital located in Bridgeton, MO is looking for a Full-time Occupational Therapist!
As the leading provider of comprehensive rehabilitation services in the St. Louis area, SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital delivers the specialized care and advanced treatment that enables individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, amputation, joint replacement and other orthopedic trauma, and general medical rehabilitation needs, to rebuild their lives.
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital's three inpatient rehabilitation units are located within acute care hospitals (SSM Health St. Mary's Health Center in St. Louis, and SSM Health St. Joseph West in Lake St. Louis) or operate as a stand-alone hospital (the 60-bed SSM Health Bridgeton Hospital in Bridgeton). This wide footprint in the greater St. Louis area provides patients with convenient, on-site access to very specialized medical care during their rehabilitative stay.
We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!
Select Medical, Missouri, has been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best-In-State Employers!
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Orientation Program
- National Continuing Education courses (local and online)
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Productivity standards that allow for high quality patient care
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments as necessary to facilitate return to community activities, making recommendations for necessary adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to insure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization of COTAs, as well as supportive personnel to maximize patient outcomes and insure effective utilization of services.
- Carries full patient caseload, ensuring management of patient schedule. Notifies supervisor of scheduled openings and concerns with caseload management.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner and ensures accurate and timely charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures care is provided under valid physician orders and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required.
Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.