Health Information Credentialing Technician / HIM Tech (PRN)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Health Information Credentialing Technician / HIM Tech
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
(**Minor travel on occasion between three Select Specialty Hospitals: Pontiac, Grosse Point and Macomb**)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
You will assist in the maintenance of timely and accurate paper and electronic records in order to ensure the requirements are met for licensure and certification.
- Handling record processing and physician record completion.
- Filing transcribed reports and other documentation.
- Assisting with record inventory and storage.
- Managing record maintenance, as well as maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the release of medical information, following all department and regulatory guidelines.
- Verifying authorizations, recording incoming requests, processing requests, and communicating with requestor.
- Reviewing medical records for accuracy and completeness.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a health care facility.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards, preferred.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.