Select Specialty Cleveland Fairhill
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
M-F 8am - 4:30pm
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Admissions Coordinator manages the referral intake and coordinating of admissions.
- Ensures every referral, admission, denial and conversion note is timely and accurately entered into the database.
- Ensures that all deficiencies remain at 0% to eliminate holds.
- Begins the pre-cert process and tracks for follow up and timely processing.
- Verifies Medicare benefits and secondary/supplemental insurance plans.
- Initiates and obtains authorization (if not providing additional clinical information).
- Pre-admits/admits patients into Med-Host and maintains patient’s records.
- Completes admissions paperwork and reviews all patient forms with patient/responsible party and secures the necessary signatures.
- Obtains insurance cards and confirms demographic information of patients on arrival.
- Picks up nursing census worksheet from the floor, reviews any changes with nursing staff, then completes census.
- Leads the morning meeting with census, budgeted numbers, etc.
- Communicates admissions time, bed number, physician, etc. to the hospital when there is a confirmed admission.
- Provides tours of hospital.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
Must have expertise in problem solving, observation, group dynamics, and interpersonal relations, as well as an ability to work independently and to prioritize responsibilities
- Prior experience in a hospital, physician practice or insurance environment
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Ability to manage multiple online systems
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Direct experience in third party insurance verification and knowledge of how benefits under the Medicare program are applied is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Familiarity with developing technologies
- An experienced sense of urgency
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Up to $300 in monthly bonus incentives.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.