Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)- Vestavia Hills, AL (Lawson Community College)
A Certified Athletic Trainer is involved in the Athletic Training Services program:
Job Description: Full time outreach AT at Lawson State Community College. Oversee all medical care for women’s volleyball, men’s & women’s basketball and men’s baseball teams. Coordinate doctor’s appointments with team physician as well as physical therapy appointments both on-site and off. Assist athletic director with medical insurance claim forms. In charge of maintaining all supply inventory and budgeting. Oversee athletic department COVID-19 protocols. Organize and execute athletic department annual physicals. Travel with teams for away games and tournaments. Maintain all student athlete medical files via Healthy Roster. Maintain athletic training facilities.
Hours: Full time hours
Champion Sports Medicine is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Outreach at Lawson State Community College, Birmingham AL
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Performs, with interpretation, selected measurement procedures such as isokinetic testing, range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Works closely with physical therapists and area physicians to treat athletes. Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including Basic Life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Participates in events to promote the company (races, club teams, etc).
- Organize and execute LSCC athletic department annual physicals.
- Oversee all medical care for women’s volleyball, men’s & women’s basketball and men’s baseball teams.
- Coordinate doctor’s appointments with team physician as well as physical therapy appointments both on-site and off.
- Assist athletic director with LSCC medical insurance claim forms.
- Maintain all athletic training budgets and supply inventory.
- Team travel required.
- Maintain all student athlete health records via Healthy Roster.
- Maintain all student athlete COVID-19 records. Assist athletic department with COVID-19 protocols.
- Assist when necessary student athletes to hospital/MD office/surgeries.
- Regular schedules vary based on in-season teams.
- Implement and assist with injury prevention programs.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (BOC) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.