Patient Service Specialist
Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton
A Select Medical Inpatient Hospital and Outpatient Clinic
*Patient Service Specialist - Per Diem*
Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relationships with others? If so, the Patient Service Specialist role could be a great fit for you.
Select Medical is the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment. This Patient Service Specialist position goes above and beyond the normal duties of a secretary or receptionist. As an employee at Select Medical, you will have the ability to impact people’s lives in truly meaningful ways every day. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community.
This position will prioritize administrative and active duties to assist the therapist with successful patient treatments. These duties will range from preparing the patient's documents, verifying insurance coverage, scheduling patients, and entering patient information in to the computer, as well as preparing treatment spaces for patient care.
Additional duties will include marketing activities after the employee is efficient with initial job duties. Marketing duties can include calling to set up appointments for staff to meet with referral sources, assisting with setting up or clean-up of on-site and off-site marketing events, and distributing marketing materials for referral sources.
Hours and availabilty must be flexible as some activities may have a required attendance on evenings and/or weekends.
General Requirements: The ideal Select Medical employee is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric mindset: the patient always comes first and you will make the first and last impression on them
- Exceptional communication skills: communicate proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
Responsibilities: You’re more than just an admin or a secretary! The ideal candidate possesses the ability to consistently perform the following job duties with excellence...
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact, a smile, and a positive statement
- Attentively register new and existing patients as they arrive, offering them information as necessary to ensure they know what to expect during their visit
- Thoughtfully schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone by showing empathy for their needs and limitations
- Carefully conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Collect co-pays from patients with attention to detail
- Offer a fond farewell, providing any pertinent information about their next appointment
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Show you are a team player who is committed to excellence by assisting your peers with general clinic maintenance and upkeep
- Live the Select Medical Values in every interaction, every day
- Clinic Location:
- Type of Employment:
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: Yes (for 32+ hours per week)
- Previous medical office experience: Strongly Preferred
- Previous experience with insurance/billing: Strongly Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
As a Select Medical employee, we want you to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
- Think First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.