Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
User Experience (UX) Designer
Why work for Select?
We are committed to your growth and success!
-Career Advancement opportunities
-Competitive pay, benefits and PTO
-Eligible for referral bonuses
-Thorough orientation program
-Team oriented environment
The UX Design Specialist is responsible for conceptualization and execution of solutions on various projects, using graphic design software to prepare concepts for presentation, create dynamic solutions and produce design files for execution. The UX Design Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, the User Experience (UX) and graphic design needs of our business applications and marketing web sites. Creativity, time management, critical thinking and decision-making are important to this role. This position reports to the Director, Digital Strategy, often works under the direction of application development leads or business analysis leads, and executes that direction accordingly to come up with the best creative conceptual, visual, and usability solutions following User Experience (UX) best practices.
Work requires interfacing with end users, business analysts, software developers, quality assurance engineers, members of the management team, and external vendors. UI Design Specialists are challenged with developing wireframes, graphic designs, and prototypes to meet the needs of Select Medical's dynamic environment. An ability to rapidly learn new User Experience (UX) and design techniques and technologies is a must, while ensuring a superior level of customer service.
- Complete User Experience (UX), graphic and UI design tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies
- Interact with business analysts to identify stakeholder and user requirements
- Apply appropriate methods of user research in order to understand user behavior, needs and motivations when using a website or application
- Organize results of user research into appropriate deliverables such as personas, user stories, etc. and present to stakeholders and team members
- Outline well-designed UI requirements for an optimal user experience
- Design information architecture for a wide range of large, multi-faceted applications to create a user-centered design that aligns with the business goals
- Utilize software such as Axure, Photoshop, Balsamiq, Illustrator, and Microsoft Visio to complete and present iterative designs and interactive prototypes to convey functionality and features to stakeholders, users and team members
- Design user interfaces that are ADA-compliant following the WCAG 2.1 Level AA guidelines
- Defend UX/UI design choices, best practices and methodologies
- Receive and utilize constructive criticism to improve iterations of designs and ideas at any stage in the design process
- Review websites and applications post-development to ensure the accurate reproduction of the designed wireframes, compositions and prototypes
- Use Google Analytics and Hotjar to monitor and track analytics on websites to analyze positive and negative aspects of the website’s user experience
- Work closely with the company’s Communications and Branding team to ensure consistent use of the Select Medical Brand Standards
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of style guides for our business applications and marketing websites
- Assist in updating content and features on company internal and external websites.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical Information Services both within the department and throughout the corporation
- Complete consistent self-driven research to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of user experience best practices and methodologies.
- Assist and participate in the completion of any activities, tasks, and projects as defined
- Work on simple technical tasks as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong dedication to quality customer service
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field plus at least 2 years of web design experience
- Experience applying UX (user experience) principles, as demonstrated by documented project work
- Resume must include a link to an online creative portfolio that includes web design projects
- Must be proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) – at least 2 are required
- Knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Experience with UX/UI design tools (Axure and Balsamiq preferred)
- Understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Experience designing accessible user interfaces following the WCAG guidelines
Select Medical is a leading provider of specialized health care in both inpatient and outpatient settings, treating more than 80,000 patients in a typical day. Ranging from some of the most critically ill individuals in our nation’s healthcare system to some of the most fit athletes, our patients benefit from the combined knowledge and expertise of over 50,000 employees. No matter what the setting, our people are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient experience.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
This position has a flexible remote work structure.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.