Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Work in a dynamic environment supervising a team that feels more like a family. The Inpatient Billing Supervisor monitors the daily activity of the team members including the reporting of productivity and other key metrics for team members within the Commercial billing team and the Central Billing Office (CBO). The Billing Supervisor assures the processes procedures for the Billing team are efficient so the claims bill clean and timely. They also liaison between other departments within the organization and the CBO management team to facilitate best communication of reimbursement policies, procedures, and resolutions to issues that may cause delays to cash and accounts receivable management.
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop department personnel in conjunction with Company objectives.
- Work with CBO manager in recommending, counseling, and coaching for improved performance. Conducts performance appraisals and suggests appropriate actions and monitor improvements in assigned job functions.
- Be familiar with and follow specific billing and collection policies, procedures, and expectations to ensure defined expectations are met or exceeded.
- Oversee training for new staff and others as requested.
- Assist staff with any questions, concerns or problems
- Assist and support other departments and appropriate staff members as needed to successfully resolve patients account inquiries.
- Encourage development of constructive work habits and attitudes within the department, including the importance of good relations with the hospitals, public and insurance carriers.
- Perform Quality & Accuracy reviews of staff on a regular basis to provide feedback to the staff and CBO Manager.
- Communicate trends and AR problems with CBO and Operations management.
- Recognize and/or act upon billing issues inferred from reported data, management, or daily operations; and provide feedback to the appropriate company levels on resolution(s)
- Support/maintain billing software routines.
- Work with carriers and clearinghouses to increase number of claims sent electronically.
- Identify common denial reasons and prepare/implement solutions to reduce the denials.
- Maintain quarterly goals of cash received in the 0-30 day bucket.
- Maintain current, accurate follow up on all accounts zero to 30 days.
- The goal is to have all claims paid within 30 days.
- Review and approve PTO requests and bi-weekly payroll through Kronos.
- Review reports to inform team members of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance targets.
- Distribute work amongst members of the team and coordinate re-assignment as necessary based on business needs.
- Maintain global knowledge of all functions and processes within the CBO.
- Liaison between team members and management to address and remedy issues/inquiries related to policy, procedures, and/or processes.
- Participation and representation of job function in monthly meetings.
- Approve patient account contractual adjustments.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- Following all HIPAA requirements as defined by Compliance Department.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical both within the Central Business Office and throughout the company.
- 3+ years in a high volume healthcare reimbursement environment required.
- One or more years training experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting OR equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical is an EOE
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.