Scribe / Medical Assistant - Baylor Rehab - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Scribe / Medical Assistant
8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Medical Assistant this position assists the physicians, nurses, and/or other medical office staff with patient care including, but not limited to assisting and escorting patients, transferring patients as necessary and preparing for minor medical procedures. Ensure that all activities that directly affect billing for services provided are accurately, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established company policies and compliance programs.
Employees in this position will:
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility in a timely and courteous manner and tone.
- Timely and properly schedule patients for appointments following established guidelines or policies.
- Obtain patient, billing and insurance information in order to maintain current and accurate information in patient files, TherapySource software, and in RT billing system.
- Prepare forms and reports and conduct billing or collection activities as necessary.
- Assist patients with coordination of lab and other tests ordered by physician.
- Assist with clinical flow such as placing patients in exam rooms, cleaning and setting up exam rooms between patients.
- Secure and/or assist patients with transfers as necessary for physical examinations.
- Prepare patients for physical examination by accurately measuring and recording height, weight, blood pressure, respirations, temperature, pulse rate, medications, drug allergies, chief complaint and other information for their record.
- Instructs patients on procedures and treatments in accordance with physician instruction.
- Maintain and stock exam rooms and other clinical supplies.
- Perform general clerical functions including a working knowledge of all front desk duties.
- Coordinate patient charts and appointments to ensure timely service.
- Verify insurance eligibility of patients and authorization to determine if services are covered.
- Provide information to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and payment required at each visit.
- Administer quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with facility.
- Ensure timely reporting of key center statistics to market management for sales, revenue, cash and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of controls for cash receipts, including daily entry in TherapySource and RT and the daily reconciliation processes to ensure proper handling of monies received.
- Support a workplace culture that emphasizes the importance of Customer Service.
- Work with patients, doctors, payors, CBO, and internal departments of BIR and Select Medical to resolve concerns and problems.
- Adjust work schedule, in the event the needs of the facility change.
- Travel to non-home location clinic or other site for training or coverage when necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- BLS Preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of experience in the Medical field required preferably as a Medical Assistant.
- Medical office experience and/or experience working with physicians in direct patient care required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use a PC and related software and preform data entry functions for efficient office management.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.