The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for direct care to a patient population including medication administration, data collection, and documentation of patients’ conditions and notification to the Registered Nurse/physician of any adverse patient findings. The LPN, in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and directed by the physician, assumes responsibility for following the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan.
This full time opening is located in Philadelphia, PA and the Work schedule would be Monday–Friday 8am-5pm.
WORKNET Occupational Medicine managed by NovaCare Rehabilitation is a group of medical facilities that focus on physician-owned occupational medicine practices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our goal is to treat patients within these practices in efforts to keep the working population in American healthy and fit. We accomplish this by providing superior work-related injury treatment, drug & alcohol testing, physical exams, vaccinations, and injury-prevention training programs
- Gathers information from patients/families to assist in defining educational, physical, emotional, social, and functional needs. This is communicated to the Primary nurse for development of the nursing care plan.
- Performs nursing procedures efficiently and with technical skill.
- Transcribes physician orders, which have been dictated in person or via telephone.
- Administers medication accurately and according to established policies and procedures of the Nursing Department.
- Teaches patients/families ADL’s , transfer techniques, independent medication, and other procedures as requested by the primary nurse.
- Provides for personal and environmental safety in accordance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Functions effectively and efficiently in emergency situations.
- Documentation in the medical record is complete, factual, accurate, and timely.
- Demonstrates a cooperative effort to help and receive help from other staff.
- Communicates, consults, and coordinates patient care activities with appropriate staff.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Valid State license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR Certification and IV certification preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the acute care setting is preferred.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.