Equipment Coordinator - Mon-Fri - 9am-5pm
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
West Orange, NJ
Shift hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Benefits of working in Therapy with us:
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Competitive rates
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Full-benefits package Full-time employees (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Serves as contact person on referrals for durable medical equipment. Obtains appropriate documentation and authorization for all equipment requests. Maintains records and documentation of all equipment needs of patients as applicable. Communicates effectively and collaboratively with team members to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Secures authorization for durable medical equipment through insurance companies, vendors, or case managers. Assures prescription and all necessary paperwork is complete including physician signature and is submitted to appropriate vendor in a timely manner.
- Coordinates delivery of equipment, obtains necessary signatures, completes appropriate paperwork and maintains information on issued equipment. Works with therapy team to ensure smooth, effective and appropriate delivery of DME.
- Assists with the education and orientation of staff and other professionals on DME ordering process and trends in authorization by providing in services and other training as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all DME manufacturers and their specialized products that are routinely prescribed in preparation for discharge.
- Establishes contact and maintains a working relationship with all local DME product representatives.
- Schedules routine product specific in-services for all PT/OT staff related to the safe & appropriate application and utilization of each device.
- Trains other staff members to cover and provide services during absences. Works with supervisor to ensure adequate coverage.
- Maintains communication with supervisor related to departmental needs such as necessary supplies, equipment and training in order to effectively complete assigned duties.
- Establishes and maintains current knowledge of all performance improvement and patient care improvement issues and maintains an active role in monitoring these issues.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Knowledge and proficiency in computers / applications required.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience within a rehabilitation organization preferred.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment preferred.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.