Voted 2021 Best Places to work in Information Technology
Information on our Internship:
Select Medical is pleased to offer the 2022 Summer Internship Program at our corporate office located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. This 12-week paid internship is designed for college juniors or seniors who wish to study and experience the operations of a health care company with multiple subsidiaries throughout the U.S. We are searching for highly motivated, energetic, mature individuals to assist in project work beginning Monday, May 16, 2022 and extending for twelve weeks with completion on Friday, August 5, 2022.
- 20 hours of classroom lecture
- 460 hours of supervised work experience
- Weekly reading assignments
- Learning Luncheons
- Tour of a hospital and outpatient clinic
The Information Security Operations and Incident Response teams provide protection from modern cyber security threats to the organization. Security incidents are prevented through the implementation of technology and enforcement of IT Security standards, with a strong focus on business needs, relationships with strategic vendors and attracting and retaining talented professionals. Where cyber incidents occur, we provide appropriate response and containment measures.
Programs and Areas of Focus:
- Email Security
- Physical Security
- Network Security
- Virtualized Networking
- Application Delivery/Load Balancing
- Cyber Incident Response and Threat Intelligence
- Anti-Malware and Breach Detection Security
- Network Access Control
- Mobile Device Management
- Internet DNS and DDOS Security
- Secure Web Browsing
- Certificate Management
- Disk Encryption
- Windows Endpoint and Server Security Configuration Management
- Security Orchestration Automation and Response
- Secure File Transfer Services
- Table Top Exercises
- Ransomware and Email Attack Simulation
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Security Risk Analysis
- Proven Aptitude in Network Security.
- Programming skills may be a plus
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.