Director of Admissions - Inpatient Hospitals
Select Medical Corporation
Director of Admissions
This director will manage admissions teams and processes at Select Specialty Hospitals and West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital in the Miami market.
Provides direction, expertise and leadership to the Admissions function for the hospital. Oversees daily operations to ensure excellent customer service, reimbursement information is accurate and number of admissions are maximized.
- Provides leadership to the Admissions Department including admissions coordinators and payor relations specialists
- Determines the department’s function, organization, budget and resource needs.
- Oversees flow of all patient referrals by ensuring effective coordination and collaboration between business development, case management, Nursing and the Admission Department.
- Ensures pre-admission process is compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the Central Billing Office management team to develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures related to the collection of all pertinent patient data (i.e., demographics, insurance/payer information) necessary for the expedient, timely and accurate billing and collection of patient accounts.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed timely and accurately including census, Advance Notification, HMS admission/transfer/discharge.
- Works closely with administrators to maximize census, reimbursement as well as to expedite appeals and disputes for third party payers.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience in inpatient healthcare admissions field, including three years progressive management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance, Medicare and Medicaid processes and managed care and case management functions required.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred
At Select Medical, our intense focus is on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.