Therapy Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A Joint Venture with Select Medical, UCLA Health and Cedars-Sinai*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Therapy Coordinator - Full Time
Sunday through Thursday schedule from 6:30am to 3pm
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Therapy Coordinator to join our team.
Benefits of being a Therapy Coordinator with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
The Therapy Coordinator performs various administrative duties to support the daily operations of the Rehabilitation Services Department. Position requires initiative, problem solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills. Coordinates patient scheduling, assist with staffing, audits and related activities. Promotes enhanced operations through strong communication and computer skills.
- Supports the functions of the therapy department by maintaining tools to enhance operations such as the patient schedule, performing audits and assisting with coordination of Team Conference schedule.
- Works closely with Therapy Director / Manager or Therapy Leads to maintain staffing calendar and ensure staffing based on coverage requirements to support patient scheduling needs.
- Coordinates assignment of staff to patients consistent with their qualifications and treatment teams.
- Utilizes spreadsheets and databases to maintain information and tracking logs for the department. Ensures that computer entries are accurate and entered in a timely basis.
- Communicates with appropriate hospital personnel regarding patient schedules, team conference schedules and
- other related meetings/appointments as requested. Manages schedule requests from therapists in a timely and efficient manner and coordinates with other clinical departments. Responds to requests for information according to established procedures. This includes but is not limited to requests from patients, other departments and physicians
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments by managing daily workload and additional assignments as given.
- Performs administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner. Performs coverage for Rehabilitation Aides or other support staff as requested and deemed appropriate by the therapy director or manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in office skills, including typing and computer skills, and in the use of office equipment required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical setting required.
- Previous experience within a therapy department and/or rehabilitation setting preferred.
California Rehabilitation Institute a 138-bed facility offers patients a higher degree of excellence in medical rehabilitation. Each patient has their own room and receives our customized treatment plans are based on each person’s individual medical and therapy needs for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.