Pediatric Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)-Marshalltown, IA
Are you passionate about your profession and motivated to become the best?
Select Physical Therapy Marshalltown, IA has an immediate need for a talented Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to join our team!
COTA will be responsible for providing care for pediatrics in a large outpatient orthopedic center.
Best practices and evidence-based programs are utilized for individualized patient care. You will work closely with Pediatric Therapists working together in the region for support, education and schedule coverage. Our clinics are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from developmental delay, austism spectrum disorder, sensory processing disorder as well as others. You will have the opportunity to work closely local pediatricians and our multi disciplinary team.
Unique Position Opportunities:
- These internal CEU accredited courses are FREE and UNLIMITED
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Clinical Case Studies & Newsletters
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities and publications
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Our staff includes national speakers and educators, researchers, therapists published in textbooks and peer reviewed journals, active leaders in national associations.
- We provide services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools
Hours Needed: Full time 32-40 hours per week
Compensation. Hourly rate based on experience
- Implementation of treatment plans under the supervision of a licensed occupational thearpist, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy Assisting
- Outpatient field work in school in lieu of outpatient experience of 1 year
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Pediatric Experience in fieldwork or practice
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.