Receptionist - Inpatient Rehab - Per Diem
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Receptionist (Switchboard Operator)
Shift Hours: Per Diem, As needed basis
(Hours and work days may vary)
We are seeking a Per Diem, Receptionist for our inpatient rehabilitation hospital in West Orange, NJ (ESSEX COUNTY). Hours and work days may vary, must have weekend availability. Come join our team. APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of becoming a Switchboard Operator with us:
- Earn $13.50/hr with additional pay on weekends
- 8-hour shift
- You are a valued member of our team
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- Team-oriented culture
Responsible for screening all incoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate location providing excellent customer service and maintaining the security of the facility. Assists with requests made by visitors.
- Responsible for screening visitors to the appropriate location ensuring security to the building. Ensures/informs all visitors sign in and wear a visitor’s pass when entering the building supplied by the receptionist.
- Responsible for daily coverage for the admissions coordinator during breaks and various times when required. Connects/transfers calls to the appropriate party and performs overhead paging.
- Notifies the admissions coordinator when a customer requests a tour of our facility.
- Responsible for obtaining wheelchairs for patients.
- Responsible for reporting to facilities any unusual behavior in the lobby/parking area.
- Notifies nursing when gifts for patients arrive in order for the gifts to be delivered to patients timely.
- Postmarks all outgoing mail and distributes all incoming mail.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous receptionist experience preferred.
About Us: At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation our rehab hospital services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. For more than 70 years, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to the prestigious 'America's Best Hospitals' list by US News & World Report, Kessler has set the gold standard in medical rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.