Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Outpatient Pediatrics- Virginia Beach, VA (Outpatient and Early Intervention)
Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist- CFY candidates OK!- Full time in Virginia Beach and Suffolk VA
SelectKids in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking a FULL time speech language pathologist for our pediatric outpatient and early intervention program. This is a full time position treating 830-600p Monday through Thursday and a four hour shift on Friday.
Clinical fellowship (CFY) candidates will be considered with pediatric clinical coursework (outpatient or early intervention). All candidates must be able to complete VA EI certification via online webinar. CFY mentoring will be provided for a dynamic speech language pathologist in our Kemps River center. This position is full time for a SLP for both VA Beach and Suffolk outpatient centers and EI services in the surrounding communities.
We see a multitude of pediatric patients with diagnoses ranging from developmental delay, torticollis, cerebral palsy, genetic disorders, autism spectrum disorders, sensory processing, feeding delays, speech and language delays, childhood apraxia of speech, etc
We have offices in the Hampton Roads community between Virginia Beach and Suffolk. We contract with six cities to provide their early intervention services. We are looking for an energetic, dependable and flexible speech language pathologist to join our large multidisciplinary team of OTs, PTs and SLPs between Suffolk and VA Beach. With this position travel is required with the EI component and a day in Suffolk. You must have reliable transportation (vehicle and driver's license).
Full time benefits (32hrs+) include:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more.
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive salary, BONUS and more!
For additional details, contact our Regional Recruiter, Shanel!
Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division of Select Medical
SelectKids, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Select Physical Therapy and Saco Bay Physical Therapy
SelectKids is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- To provide quality patient care while maintaining positive level of interaction with facilities and clients.
- Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Meet American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) minimum standards for initiation Clinical Fellowship Year including but not limited to 36 credit hours in prescribed study.
- State licensure/registration where appropriate.ASHA certification required.
- 300 hours in prescribed clinical practicum experience required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.