2021 Best Places to work in Information Technology
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
As the Manager of Corporate Applications at Select Medical, a successful candidate will fully understand the needs of their team, and be a strong advocate for the success of the team and all initiatives benefiting our corporate business partners to support our workforce. These partners include Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Procurement. Responsibilities of this role include managing multiple enterprise class implementations of strategic third-party and custom solutions, understanding business needs to assist with prioritization, estimation, and delivery of requests, and ensuring established processes and standards are maintained, followed, and enhanced. Additionally, leadership roles at Select Medical require a strong understanding of our core values, an ability to model and reinforce those values, and utilization of our values to drive towards strategic goals. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment, learning the healthcare business, and building strong working relationships with peers. The Manager will support and handle vendor invoice approvals, consulting engagements as well as expense form approvals. Lastly, the Manager will be counted on to mentor the team via the annual performance review cycle, scheduled team meetings, and frequent one-on-one interactions. This position will be based in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Contribute as a member of the IS leadership team to drive enterprise service delivery improvement and innovation.
- Partner with Business leadership to identify, recommend, design, deliver and support solutions that facilitate focused, effective, and forward-thinking operational delivery and decision making.
- Collaborate with Business partners to develop substantial business operational process awareness. This includes Select Medical operational awareness, industry best practices, and awareness of the legislative landscape surrounding our business.
- Establish and cultivate vendor relationships required to evolve the technology landscape to maintain, innovate and enhance service offerings.
- Mentor team members to embrace and better understand business operational processes, develop relationships with business users and expand staff proficiency.
- Ensure alignment with and work to improve the IS development methodology including the adoption of all identified tools, processes, and procedures.
- Target potential areas where policies and procedures require updating, or where new ones need to be created, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Contribute to IS-wide project prioritization and resourcing efforts.
- Create and drive an ongoing environment and culture of exceptional customer experience.
- Define and communicate project landmarks and service level agreements to staff, IS partners, and business stakeholders.
- Maintain exceptional communications with the organization’s leadership, customers, and staff.
- As needed, collaborate with other IS departments to ensure the best possible communication channels related to customer service.
- Ensure all changes follow change management, SOX, or other required policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times.
- Less than 5% travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Business Analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Must be familiar with SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and/or Agile.
- Strong Project Management skills are a plus.
- Able to independently, or with little guidance, plan and facilitate meetings both internal and external, create and disseminate an agenda and coordinate all necessary follow-ups
- Able to independently manage and prioritize workload and expectations
- Great customer service skills and the energy to provide direction to those among your team
- Superior ability to collaborate with team and business operators
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to overcome initial barriers
- Independently seeks opportunities to lead or take on more responsibility
- Experience working in a team environment contributing to project coordination and project management activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with vendors to resolve issues, assist with root cause analysis and determine action plans for corrections
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate new software/application concepts to other IT members
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and ServiceNow
- Demonstrated experience working in Health Care IT environment
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.