WORKNET Occupational Medicine is looking for an X-Ray Technologist who is anxious to expand beyond the typical responsibilities of an X-Ray Tech. This position includes performing Drug and Alcohol Testing, Hearing Tests, Pulmonary Function testing, preparing patients for Post Offer, Hazmat and DOT physicals. This is a fantastic opportunity for an X-ray tech who is looking to do more than “Just take X-Rays”.
This full time opening is located in Essington, PA and the Work schedule would be Monday – Friday 8:30-5:00
WORKNET Occupational Medicine managed by NovaCare Rehabilitation is a group of medical facilities that focus on physician-owned occupational medicine practices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our goal is to treat patients within these practices in efforts to keep the working population in American healthy and fit. We accomplish this by providing superior work-related injury treatment, drug & alcohol testing, physical exams, vaccinations, and injury-prevention training programs
WORKNET Occupational Medicine is a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At WORKNET Occupational Medicine we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Codes billing document for X-ray procedures performed.
- Ability to perform all functions as required in the clinics such as drug screens, audiograms, spirometry, Breath alcohol
- Computer skills for registering and discharging patients
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures by properly positioning and shielding patients.
- Develops X-ray films.
- Creates and maintains confidential radiology files for each patient.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Maintains records of X-rays that are sent to radiologists.
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- Completion of a course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Current certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) and a current state license (or federal license when required).
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.