Nurse Manager (RN Manager) - Baylor Rehab - Frisco
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Benefits of joining our team:
- Manageable caseloads
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home to their families
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time nurses (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k (with company match), life insurance, short and long term disability
- Tuition assistance and professional development after first year of employment
Possesses a specialized knowledge base and skills to facilitate patient treatment and staff development. Provides and oversees patient care. Implementing hospital and department philosophy and objectives. Provides leadership during times of crisis to assure continuity of care and a productive work environment. Maintains approved standards of patient care, collaborating with appropriate persons for continuity of care under the guidance of the Chief Nursing Officer. Communicates clinical issues, as they relate to service or program development, to the CNO. Promotes clinical development, competency and expertise in staff to maximize patient outcomes. Provides oversite for the facility in the absence of the CNO. Effectively communicates on multiple levels.
• Valid State RN License required.
• Three to five years experience including supervisory experience required.
• BSN or enrollment in BSN program required. Masters degree preferred
• Certified BLS required.
• Certified ACLS or completion in first 6 months of employment required.
• CRRN required after meeting eligibility requirements.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.