2021 Best Places to work in Information Technology
Systems Administrator - Mechanicsburg, PA
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is expanding its Information Technology Team and is seeking highly motivated individuals to work with the latest technologies. Select Medical offers an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. Qualified individuals should have a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or other equivalent education and relevant work experience.
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Systems Administrator to be located at our corporate campus in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. The Systems Administrator will provide hands-on technical administration and support as part of the IT Systems team who support technologies including Virtualization (VMware and Citrix), application delivery, messaging (Exchange, Skype for Business), Active Directory, and Windows servers.
You will play a key role in the Information Services department, aimed at maximizing the company’s technology investments, helping to meet company strategic goals and working with state of the art technology.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Manager, IT Systems.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, designing, developing, evaluating, testing, and integrating the organization’s Citrix infrastructure, including the implementation and design of multiple Citrix solutions. This individual will collaborate on multiple Citrix-related projects and technologies, working with team members within the IT organization as well as other internal business units and external customers/partners.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the planning and installation of server software.
- Maintain records and documentation related to servers, location of equipment and software revisions.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot software on network workstations and servers.
- Respond to high level system issues escalated from tier 2 support, provide for or assist in providing users support for network software, operating system, hardware and peripheral equipment, and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments related to supported technologies.
- Report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 2 or more years of experience providing support and administration for the following technologies:
- Citrix XenApp 6.x or 7.x
- Citrix PVS
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Windows Active Directory
- VMware vSphere 6.x or 7.x a plus
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills a must.
- Strong dedication to quality customer service.
- Shown ability to handle multiple projects/work streams and demands efficiently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency and the ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.