Hospital Engineering Manager
California Rehab Institute
*A Joint Venture with Select Medical, UCLA Health and Cedars-Sinai*
Century City / Los Angeles, CA
Hospital Engineering Manager
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Hospital Engineering Manager to join our team and partner with the Director of Plant Operations in providing safety to patients and staff.
On a day-to-day basis qualified candidates will be working with a team of Maintenance Mechanics to run and operate a 138-bed inpatient rehab hospital. This position will be Monday-Friday with a possibility of rotating weekends. You will be reporting to the Director of Plant Operations.
- Develops implements and modifies programs to maintain the physical plant, grounds and equipment through effective utilization of personnel and materials.
- Plans and implements a preventative maintenance program for the physical plant, grounds and equipment.
- Administers biomedical equipment program and related performance improvement documentation as assigned.
- Monitors the building and physical plant to ensure safety, proper operation and compliance with all state, federal, and accrediting agencies.
- Participates in environmental rounds and informs Market Director of progress and any problems requiring corrective action or instituting recommended changes.
- Participates in operation budget preparation and management to meet objectives.
- Performs assessment and monitoring of interim life safety (ILSM) and infection control risk analysis (ICRA).
- Monitor contractor performance, adherence to job rules, and inspect completed work.
- Current and valid state Driver’s License required
- 3 years Prior Hospital related experience required
- Bachelor of Engineering or an associated level degree preferred
- Knowledge of engineering, plant operations methods, techniques and maintenance.
- Possess a working knowledge of NFPA and building codes
- Proficient in the use of computer based maintenance systems and building automation systems. Familiarity with electronic project management tools including AutoCAD preferred
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the Full Time position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.